Arizona Prop 207
In November 2020, the great citizens of Arizona voted to legalize recreation marijuana for adult use. The state previously only had medical marijuana available for natives, but now has opened the doors to legal weed in Arizona.
But what does it mean for us regular folk? Here are some key points everyone should know about the proposition:
- Public use of marijuana is prohibited.
- Adults (21+) are allowed to possess up to a single ounce (28 grams).
- No more than 5 grams of concentrate
- An adult can have up to 6 cannabis plants in their home
- A home with 2+ adults can cultivate up to 12 marijuana plants
In addition to legalization, the Prop 207, also know as “Smart and Safe Act,” will levy a 16% excise tax on recreational cannabis in Arizona.